Monday, January 30, 2012

Contestant Bio: Lara M.


Tell us a little bit about yourself—twitter style (in 140 characters or less).
I am a mother of four boys.  My husband and I just moved to Marshfield, WI.  I've taught junior high and high school and really enjoyed it.  I served a mission for the LDS church in Brazil when I was 22.

Why did you decide to sign up for the virtual biggest loser?
My sisters in law (Tasha and Kristin) have both been great at trying to get the family involved.  I started with Tasha and wasn't quite ready after having the baby.  This time I feel more determined. 

What are some of the “tactics” you are taking to achieve your goals?
 I have joined the YMCA.  I am taking 2 classes-a spinning class and a toning class. 


Motivation?
looking at pictures of me thinner and pictures of me heavier.  I want to be the thinner girl!  Oh, and a boy asked me if I was pregnant yesterday (boo!)  (I have a 9 month old).   


Advice?
Keep gum around.  I am so addicted to eating, especially fat, sweet things.  I need gum and water all the time.  And patience.  I've lost up to 30 lbs before.  This time I have 50.  I need to give myself 18 months.  I want to be done in 6 months, but I won't be.  Hopefully, slow and steady will win the race!  

No comments:

Post a Comment