Monday, January 16, 2012

Contestant Bio: Lynne T.


Tell us a little bit about yourself—twitter style (in 140 characters or less).
I live in the country near Dallas with my husband of 24 years, Dias and our (ok my) 5 dogs (Joe Miller, Ariel, Cotton, Obie and Elizabeth).  We are empty nesters but enjoy or family often, Daughter Becca and husband Tony and son Chris and wife Sally.  We have the two (soon to be three) most adorable grandchildren on the planet Landon and Vivian (and if you don't believe us, ask us).  I work as a Sales Rep so I am out and about all day but I can't wait to get home every day.  Love being home with my crafts, my flowerbeds and my family.
Why did you decide to sign up for the virtual biggest loser?
I am very active however I am also 52 years old and have already welcomed full menopause.  Losing weight is not what it once was.  My body shifts and my weight fluctuates without me making any changes.  My goal is to eat what is good for me, stop when I have had the appropriate amount and start a consistent exercise program 3 days a weeks.  I enjoy doing things in the company of like minded people, so here we go!
What are some of the “tactics” you are taking to achieve your goals?
Packing my lunch to avoid the drive thrus.  Making sure I'm hungry and not just bored before I eat in the evenings.  Don't buy the "junk" I can't leave alone.
What are some things that help motivate you?
An entire wardrobe that will fit in 15 pounds.  Feeling better.  Looking confident.
Do you have any advice to others trying to lose weight?
Eat when your hungry and stop when your full.  Take a look at the food pyramid.  Pick some foods from each category as main stays in your diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment