Friday, January 13, 2012

Contestant Bio: Natasha M.

Name: Natasha M
Tell us a little bit about yourself—twitter style (in 140 characters or less).
I don't do twitter so good luck to me...I am a stay-at-home mom of two great kids, ages 4 and 1, and wife of a great man.  I am also working on a masters degree in adult education.  I live in Little Rock and love to read, practice yoga, and be outside.
 
Why did you decide to sign up for the virtual biggest loser?
Over the course of my relationship and all the fun I've had over the last few years I gained roughly 50 pounds.  Last year I decided to change some things in my life and lost around 25 pounds.  I have 25 more to lose and this will be great motivation.
 
What are some of the “tactics” you are taking to achieve your goals?
The only things I do are exercise and eat right.  I also use myfitnesspal on my iphone and love it!  This app allows me to track my food and counts my calories for me.  I do not limit anything, but I know if I eat a piece of cake it will really eat up calories that I can use for something else more filling and equally delicious.  Myfitnesspal has determined for me the amount of calories my body needs and that's what I shoot for.  It also adjusts as you lose weight.  Right now my calories are around 1800.  Using this app has helped me stay successful.

The exercises I enjoy include yoga, riding bikes, and anything that makes my muscles ache the next day!  ha ha.  I also play competitive volleyball.

What are some things that help motivate you?
My husband and kids motivate me.  My husband has recently lost 30 pounds as well and we have a little competition going.  I've had more energy since I lost weight and that allows me to be a better mother.  Plus, I like the idea of buying new clothes!

Do you have any advice to others trying to lose weight?
Take it one day at a time and like Kristin says, don't be hard on yourself!  Just do it today and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.  Oh, and find exercises you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment